Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doo-Ri Chung collaboration review - when cheap chic is just cheap

This morning I ran downstairs to Macy's with my Macy's credit card in my pocket with intention to snatch one of those beautiful dresses I have seen in previews. well, I had no clue such a disappointment awaited. The quality of the clothes was very poor - loose threads everywhere, and the most advertized black and white dress had a red zipper in the back which stood out way too much. In my opinion the whole deal with the back zipper is that it should be invisible and the bright red zipper on a achromatic dress looked vulgar and cheap. The material on all the dresses felt very unpleasant - it seemed like someone just took fabric meant for an umbrella and made dresses. One of my favorite picks was a belted maxi dress, it looked breathtaking in the photo but reality was less than perfect. Without a belt it looks just like toga of the Roman emperor and not like an elegant flattering dress. I must say that with a belt on it did not look that much better. As for the other, shorter dresses, they were neither well made nor figure flattering. Needless to say I left the store very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment