Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh No She Didn't: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them




This book is the exact opposite of Lloyd Boston's "The Style Checklist". "The Style Checklist" contains the items that are a must have, while "Oh no she didn't" contains the list of faux pas. I had a good laugh looking throught the book and I should say, this book would make an excellent gift for some people I happen to know. Clinton Kelly takes all the things he finds appalling and disects them one by one brutally but not without humor. My personal favorite nightmares are counterfit items, cropped pants, stripper shoes, flip-flops, tattoes and evening wear and wearing all black. These are the things I absolutely cannot stand but see around nearly every day.

Don't get me wrong, I love black. But I do agree with Clinton Kelly, it gets to be too much when people just start abusing it, and sadly so many do.

In addition to some tendencies listed above, the book includes things like mustaches, hairy legs, camel toes, baggy jeans, exposing midriff covered with stretchmarks, wearing bubblegum pink tracksuits over the age of 15, boca shoes, flashy acrylic nails, wearing sweatsuit to places other than the gym, scruffy shoes, just to name a few.

This book will make a perfect gift, telling people things you can't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment