Monday, February 22, 2010

Dressing Rich: A Guide to Classic Chic for Women with More Taste than Money




This book really encourages you to clean up your closet getting rid of the cheap looking pieces. It helps you to create a wardrobe of more quality and if you follow all the up to date advice, discarding what can no longer be used in today's society, you will never be overdressed or underdressed (don't know which is worse...:)).

It also teaches you a bit about different fabrics, which is helpful if you don't know anything about them.

The book talks about a bunch of different dressing styles. Personally I would never make one of them my own, but nevertheless I enjoyed reading about them.

After reading this book I went through my closet and was very happy to discover that I mostly own natural fabrics and there were few pieces I had to get rid of to make my wardrobe more of quality.

What I found the most interesting in this book is when it talks about an article of closing being "quality" depending on how you use it. For instance if you use plastic coat as a raincoat, it is "quality" or "q", but if you use it as a "leather" coat, it's non-q. I like this kind of philosophy. I am passionately against fakes - clothing that looks like couture but not, fake D & G, Valentino etc. I'd rather wear generic clothing than something with a false pretense of a brand name.

I believe this book is a must have. Even though it is pretty old, it is still useful and will be for a long time. After all that's what defines a good book, piece of clothing or anything else - timelessness

No comments:

Post a Comment